quinta-feira, 7 de março de 2013

Tom Hiddleston's Guinea field diary

Tom Hiddleston's Guinea field diary: Day 1: This week, actor Tom Hiddleston set off on his first journey with UNICEF UK to Guinea in West Africa. Tom will be meeting with Guinean children, families and communities. He'll also be visiting several UNICEF projects, finding out about our work in child protection, education, and water and sanitation. Read his first dispatch here.

I wanted to share this with everyone. This honorable man is my inspiration. When I finish college I'm going to help as many as I can. I know for a fact that Guinea is in desperate need of some real doctors.

If you haven't heard yet - this country only has health technicians - I don't know if this is the correct term, I'm trying to translate for the Portuguese term - they are almost the same as nurses. I've learned in college that the conditions are terrible. It's a difficult area and I don't know if I'll make it. I just wish I have the same strenght Hiddleston had. I'm still a long way from graduating (almost 13 years to go...A LONG TIME...) but I'm hoping that then I'll have more courage and strenght to help with someting most people ignore.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank Tom Hiddleston. It's thanks to people like you that I still feel pushed foward to do someting better, to contribute. I know the world will never be perfect, but we have to start somewhere.

Also try to read the rest of the Diary. Here you have the link for Day 1, but there are other posts. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário